As the name suggests, Duplex Steel Round Bars are made up of stainless steel round bars enriched with molybdenum and chromium. This combination provides excellent corrosion resistance and stress cracking resistance. This alloy is also exceptionally tough and strong under high temperatures.
The Super Duplex Round Bar is designed to offer better corrosion resistance, particularly chloride stress corrosion and chloride pitting corrosion, while also providing a higher degree of strength than standard austenitic stainless steels like Type 304 or 316. In the case of a 22%Cr duplex stainless steel round bar, the minimum strength is 0.2%, which is about 450N/mm2, while a super duplex steel bar has a minimum strength of 550N/mm2. There are three main groups of duplex steel round bars; they include lean duplex round bars, duplex steel hex bars with 22% Cr, super duplex round bars with 25% Cr, and even higher alloyed, hyper duplex grades that have been developed. This division is primarily based on the alloying level of the alloy, for example in terms of ‘PREN’ (pitting resistance equivalence number), which measures the alloy’s resistance to pitting corrosion. The PREN for super duplex steel bars is derived from a simple formula: PREN = %Cr + 3.3%Mo + 16%N and an allowance for W is sometimes taken into account, which has a factor of 1.65.
It is important to note that duplex stainless steel round bars have a PREN of less than 40, super duplex hex bars have a PREN between 40 and 45 and hyper duplex round bars have a PREN above 45, whilst lean grades have lower nickel content and are therefore cheaper.
There is a moderate amount of nickel in the duplex stainless steel bar and a high amount of chrome in it. It is due to their balanced microstructure and chemical composition, which equals the volume percentage of austenite and ferrite grades, that duplexes have such properties as corrosion resistance and mechanical characteristics.
This duplex ball value supplier’s nature allows it to exhibit both austenitic and ferritic properties. In general, duplex stainless steels have a higher strength than the other two grades.
Triroundbars.com Is one leading Manufacturer, Supplier & Stockist Of Round Bars.
Duplex Steel Round Bars
- The Super Duplex Round Bar is designed to offer superior corrosion resistance, particularly chloride stress corrosion and chloride pitting corrosion, as well as high strength and resistance to corrosion than standard austenitic stainless steels. There is a minimum proof strength of 0.2% for a 22%Cr duplex stainless steel round bar and a minimum proof strength of 550N/mm2 for a super duplex stainless steel round bar, whereas a proof strength of 0.2% for a duplex steel bar is some 450N/mm2.
- A UNS s32205 duplex steel round bar can be divided into three main categories: a lean duplex steel round bar, a 22% Cr duplex steel hex bar, and a 25% Cr super duplex round bar, and even higher alloyed, hyper duplex bar grades have been developed. This division is based primarily on the alloy’s alloying level, e.g. ‘PREN’ (pitting resistance equivalent number), which indicates the resistance to pitting corrosion of the alloy.
- It is possible to calculate the PREN of Duplex Steel Bars using the formula: PREN = %Cr + 3.3%Mo + 16%N. However, the factor of W is sometimes added, with a factor of 1.65. The PREN of a duplex stainless steel round bar is less than 40; the PREN of a super duplex hex bar is between 40 and 45, and the PREN of a hyper duplex round bar is above 45; however, the lean grades are typically lower nickel content, which is why they are generally less expensive.
Features of Duplex Steel Round Bars
- There is high resistance to corrosion in general.
- In chloride-containing environments, they have excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking as a result of salt corrosion.
- Corrosion resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion is excellent.
- It has a very high mechanical strength.
- There are a number of physical properties that have a positive impact on design.
- It is well known that there are a number of physical properties that have a positive impact on design fatigue and weldability.
- It is well known that there are a number of physical properties that have a positive impact on design fatigue and less welding.
Other Types Of Duplex Steel Round Bars
Duplex Steel 2205 Bars
Duplex Steel Round Bars
Duplex Steel S31803 Spring Steel Bars
ASTM A479 Duplex Steel Hexagon Bars
DIN 1.4462 Duplex Steel Black Bars
UNS S32205 Polished Cold Drawn Bars
Duplex UNS S31803 Cold Drawn Bars
ASME SA 276 Duplex Steel Square Bars
Duplex S31803 / S32205Bright Bar
Duplex 2205 Forged Round Bars
Applications and Uses of Duplex Steel Round Bars
- In the field of pipeline engineering, it is used extensively.
- It is widely used in the oil and gas industry to use Duplex Steel Round Bars.
- In the field of mechanical engineering, double steel round bars are used quite frequently.
- In addition to that, duplex steel round bars are also very common in the marine industry.
- Wastewater management is one of the applications for Duplex Steel Round Bars.
- In the chemical industry, DUPLEX STEEL ROUND BARS are used in a variety of applications.
- In the petrochemical industry, duplex round bars are used for a variety of purposes.
- There are many uses for Duplex Steel Round Bars in the power industry.
- Using double-sided steel round bars in the aerospace industry is a very common practice.
- There are many industries that use Duplex Steel Round Bars, including the food processing industry and many others.
Triroundbars.com is a leading supplier, stockist, manufacturer & exporter of Duplex Round Bars Manufacturer, Supplier, Stockist & Exporter from India. Get in touch with us for the Best rates & Availability Of 630 Round Bars & Other Grades.